Contract: Fixed Fee £1,600
Working pattern: Part-time
Closing date: 5 September 2023
Are you looking for an opportunity to engage families with STEM activities in one of the coolest buildings in Dundee?
‘Tackling TB: Dundee Scientist’s Fighting the Killer Cough’ Project Overview:
Dundee Heritage Trust (DHT) is collaborating with the University of Dundee to share the history of this renowned Victorian disease and how scientists in Dundee are working to reduce its impact on the modern world.
As our family facilitator, you will receive a fixed fee of £1,600 for this project (2 days of planning at £200 per day, four days for workshops at £270 per day, and one day of admin/evaluation at £200), plus a budget of £800 for material costs, as well as access to DHT’s resources. Your fee could be used in whole or in part to bring in external companies to deliver on one or more days.
The sessions will be held at Verdant Works Museum during the school holidays in October 2023, December 2023 and February 2024.
Family Facilitator’s Responsibilities:
- To plan and deliver four workshops, over four days, aimed at a family audience within the museum.
- The facilitator will be responsible for setting up and tidying away on the days they run events.
- The facilitator will provide DHT with a report at the end of the project.
- The facilitator will be in regular contact with the Heritage and Exhibitions team for support and guidance where needed.
Family Facilitator’s Skills
- Confi犀利士 dent and experienced at facilitating around science and history themes.
- Confident and experienced at interacting with a family audience.
- Able to pick up on complex topics and distil them into themes and ideas.
- Able to collect and provide a useful evaluation of the project.
- Support and embody the values of Dundee Heritage Trust.
NB: More information about the exhibition and sessions is available.
Email: email@example.com to request this.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with an expression of interest by 9 AM Tuesday 5th September, including:
- Up-to-date CV
- Short 500-word statement outlining your facilitation experience and how you might approach the work.
Please note that interviews are scheduled for the week commencing 11th September. We look forward to receiving your application!