Dundee Heritage Trust is an independent registered charity dedicated to preserving and interpreting Dundee’s historic past.
Founded in 1985 by a small band of dedicated volunteers, volunteering remains at the heart of everything we do. Without the enthusiasm and dedication of our large volunteer base, our organisation wouldn’t be where it is today.
Designed to inspire and benefit, we offer a range of opportunities to suit the abilities and interests of our volunteers, including (click on each to learn more):
As a volunteer, you can:
- Learn about museums, our collections, and world heritage.
- Gain new skills and experience.
- Make friends and meet people from around the world.
- Share your passion and enthusiasm.
- Access exclusive events and training for volunteers.
- Become part of a collaborative and inclusive community committed to inspiring change.
How to apply:
If you require any of our printed materials in an alternative format (e.g., large print) or assistance completing your application form, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Who can apply?
Anyone can apply! We welcome applications from people from all walks of life, and we will work with you to find a commitment that works for you, whether that’s a few hours a month to half a day every week.
- What happens after I apply?
We’ll invite you to meet us at the site(s) you want to volunteer at to help you get an idea of what the role is like and how we work as a team; after the visit, we’ll ask you to fill in a couple more forms and then you’ll be invited in to an induction.
- How much time do I have to give as a volunteer?
It’s totally up to you and dependent on the role! Please check the role description, and drop us a message if you’re unsure.
- What if I change my mind about volunteering?
We understand that things can change quickly in your personal and professional life. If you change your mind about volunteering with us, please let us know, and we will find a solution that works for everyone.
- Are there certain qualifications, skills, or previous experience I need?
No, we will provide full training and induction for each role- if you have expertise in an area, please let us know. You will always be supervised if the role involves working with young people.
- Will I get my expenses paid?
Yes, we will pay for transport to and from volunteering monthly and any (pre-approved) out-of-pocket expenses.
- What about insurance?
You are covered by our employee liability insurance,
- Will volunteering affect my benefits?
You can volunteer for as many hours as you like as long you continue to meet the conditions of the benefit you get. You can find out more here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/volunteering-and-claiming-benefits.
If we haven’t answered your question here, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.